District 202 Board of Education seeks public input
EVANSTON – District goals for 2012-2015 for The Evanston Township High School District 202 Board of Education are up for approval and the district is looking for input from the public.
The draft of District 202 goals was developed by parents, staff and the broad community using methods that included a public survey in February of 2012. Topics that were discussed were budget, curriculum, extracurricular activities, literacy, numeracy and student well-being.
The public is invited to review the draft and bring their feedback at the Sept. 10 board meeting. The draft includes six main goals to be reviewed.
1. Increase each student's academic trajectory as demonstrated through multiple measures.
2. Provide individualized support, programs, services and curricula to ensure that each student will demonstrate significant academic and social-emotional growth during their experience at ETHS.
3. Create a student centered facility using 21st century resources to support the needs of our diverse learning community.
4. Provide consistent and stabled financial stewardship assuring excellent education and opportunity for each student, reasonable property taxes, leveraging and optimizing resources and values based, and cost effective allocation of resources.
5. Strengthen relationships through the community with enriched engagement among all stakeholders and enhance student learning and well-being, and assure full continuity of effort with District 65.
6. Maximize the reputation of ETHS
The board meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. and will take place in Room N-112 at Evanston Township High School, located at 1600 Dodge Ave. For more information, call District 202 at 847-424-7000.