• Edelman has announced new leadership positions in the firm’s Chicago office, naming Kevin Cook as Chicago’s first chief operating officer and Una Pipic as the new chief of staff, effective immediately. Cook and Pipic will report to Jay Porter, president, Edelman Chicago. The addition of these positions is part of maintaining the momentum and continued evolution of the Chicago office.
• Lake Forest Pediatric Associates has met all criteria for laboratory accreditation by COLA, a national health care accreditation organization. Accreditation is awarded only to labs that apply strict quality standards in daily operations, demonstrate continued accuracy in the performance of testing, and pass a rigorous on-site lab survey.
• Western Springs resident Joseph Hudson, a prosecutor in the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office, has received a Presidential Commendation from the Illinois State Bar Association for his extensive work on a complex case that involved a non-lawyer doing business on mechanics lien cases.
• Northwestern Mutual is honoring Deerfield resident Gregg Stiefel Neiman, affiliated with The McTigue Financial Group – a Northwestern Mutual office based in Chicago – with its 2014 Central Region Long-Term Care Leader Award. The honor recognizes Neiman for an outstanding year of performance with Northwestern Mutual, serving the financial security needs of clients and policy owners throughout the region.
• John L. Nisivaco, of La Grange, a partner in the Chicago personal injury firm of Boudreau & Nisivaco, LLC, has been re-elected to the Board of Governors of the Illinois State Bar Association.
Does your company have news about grand openings, hires, promotions, awards or recognitions? Email your items to biznotes@pioneerlocal.Tags: Biz Notes, Board of Governors of the Illinois State Bar Association, Edelman, Illinois State Bar Association, Lake Forest Pediatric Associates, Northwestern Mutual